Meatless Meatballs
















Meatless meatballs, seems strange? Well it kind of is but they are the tastiest I have ever tried so here you go!
They are made from tofu, which makes them very high in protein. 
I added in lots of different ingredients to make them very flavourful which I think is important because tofu can become a bit tasteless sometimes. I even had a few left over so decided to add them the next day to my salad. I actually think I liked them better that way, because they have so much flavour so you could really taste everything without the pasta sauce over powering them. Anyway, they are delicious which ever way you chose to eat them!


Recipe -


Ingredients : 

1 brown onion (chopped)
3 cloves of garlic (crushed) 
3/4 cup ground almonds
300grams firm tofu 
4 Tbsp plain flour 
2 Tbsp soy sauce (salt reduced )
Handful of fresh basil
Handful of fresh parsley 
1/4 cup sundries tomatoes

Method :

Sautee onion in some water in a non stick pan for around 5mins, add in crushed garlic and continue to cook for 5-10mins until soft and slightly brown. 

Mash the tofu in a large bowl, until it becomes "mince" like consistency. Add in ground almonds, flour, soy sauce, basil, parsley, sundries tomatoes and the cooked onion and garlic. Mix together thoroughly and form small balls (makes around 15-20).
Place in a non stick pan and crisp up both sides of the meatballs (takes about 3 mins each side)
Then transfer pan into a preheated oven (200degrees celsius)  and cook for a remaining 15-20mins. 

Serve with pasta of your choice and pasta sauce with a garnish of fresh basil!








Mixture before being formed into meatballs. 




Meatballs once they have been crippled on both sides and cooked in the oven. 



YUM PASTA ( I used gluten free)




The pasta sauce I use. It is the best! Annndddd oil free ;) 


Here is my video! It includes my cheesy sesame garlic crusted tofu too.










Comments

Popular Posts