CREAMY SOBA NOODLES WITH CRISPY TOFU



Here is my quick, simple, easy, DELICIOUS soba noodle salad. If you have seen any of my other recipes, I think it is very clear to see I don't like to be slaving away in the  kitchen for hours. I like my recipes to be as simple as possible, but with maximum flavour and satisfaction. This recipe is of course no excuse! Watch my Youtube video, linked below, to see me make this fresh, creamy salad.


Recipe :

Ingredients - serves 2

90g (one serving) Soba noodles
1/3 red onion
1 courgette
2 carrots
Handful of coriander
300grams (1 block) firm tofu
1/2 cup corn flour
3 Tbsp oil ( I used coconut oil)

Sauce :

1/4 cup tahini
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
1 tsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
1/2 cup water
Season to taste

Cook soba noodles to packet instructions. Drain and rinse in cold water, set aside.
Spiralize zucchini and carrots (or cut into thin strips). Chop red onion and coriander finely. Add all ingredients to a bowl and add in sauce ingredients. Gently mix, until all is combined. You can mix the sauce ingredients in a seperate bowl before adding to noodles, but it is just another dish to clean.

For the tofu, cut into small cubes and toss in cornflour.
Shake the excess corn flour off tofu and place in a preheated pan with the oil, on medium to high heat. Let the tofu crisp up and brown.
Add crispy tofu on top of noodles, with a wedge of lemon, chilli flakes and a additional sprinkle of coriander and sesame seeds.



Comments

Popular Posts