Cheesy, Sesame, Garlic Crusted Tofu




I really wanted to make tofu covered in breadcrumbs that were super crisp (because I use to eat chicken like this). But doing that is quite unhealthy, sit equires a lot of oil and bread. So I decided to use healthy ingredients and no oil! This is what I came up with. This is so delicious and definitely a go to of mine now. I also am obsessed with this tahini dijon dressing which I included in the recipe below! Enjoy


Recipe -

Ingredients :

1/4 - 1/2 sesame seeds
2 Tbsp Italian herb mix
3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
3 Tbsp garlic powder ( I love mine garlicky, but feel free to add less)
225g firm tofu ( this will serve two people)

Method : 

Cube the tofu evenly and tofu in all of the ingredients. 
Place on a baking sheet and cook in preheated oven 200degrees Celsius for about 15-20mins or until the sesame seeds are toasted and golden. 


Make sure all the tofu is coated evenly.


                           

So crisp 



Tahini dressing -


Ingredients :
2Tbsp tahini
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp maple syrup
1-2 Tbsp water

Method :

mix all ingredients in a bowl. Drizzle over tofu!




I served the tofu with kale, baby lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and cucumber.




Here is my youtube video!





Comments

Popular Posts