'Ricotta' Stuffed Pie Parcels



These pies have the same filling as the pasta shells I made which are also on the blog and my youtube. I found this vegan puff pastry at the super market and it tastes exactly like the 'real' stuff. I also used it in my "Roast vegetable summer tart".  Its by the brand 'vegetarian society' and I could only find it in some supermarkets, Countdown and New World. Another impressive dish that doesn't take long to make! Enjoy


Recipe-

Filling -

Half sweet potato
Medium onion
1 clove of garlic
1 Tbsp maple syrup
Salt
1/2 cup pasta sauce (I used five brothers)
Handful baby spinach
Handful fresh basil
Half a lemon juice
Puff pastry
4 Tbsp vegan pesto (store bought or made)
3 Tbsp almond milk

Steam chopped sweet potato.
Chop the onion into small pieces. Sauté onion in water until soft, season with salt. Add maple syrup, sauté further until onion is caramelised. Add steamed sweet potato, baby spinach and pasta sauce. Cook until spinach has wilted.



Lay pastry out and cut into 4 pieces. Spoon mixture onto two of cut squares, and pesto onto other two squares. Place pesto squares on top of the mixture squares and press all sides down. Dip fork into almond milk and press down sides.
Brush almond milk all over pies.
Place in 180 degree oven for 10-15 mins or until golden brown.




I served mine with relish. YUM



Here is my video! I make filled pasta shells too!







Comments

Popular Posts