Soy, garlic tofu



This has been my recent 'go to' dinner. I pretty much have this every night because it is so easy, quick and of course healthy! When this soy sauce tofu is cooked, it almost tastes a bit like teriyaki, so make sure to drench your rice with the sauce.
This recipe made two dinners for me.

Ingredients :

250g Firm tofu
1/3 cup soy sauce ( I got the salt reduced version)
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 cloves of garlic (crushed or chopped)
Juice of half a lemon

Method :

Whisk together the soy, dijon, lemon and garlic in a bowl. Cube the tofu and lay on a baking tray (I lined mine wit tin foil but baking paper would work better).
Pour over the marinade and toss the tofu in it, until every piece is covered.
Place in preheated oven (200 degrees celsius) for around 20 mins ( sometimes less depending on your oven).


Before tossing and going in the oven 


Straight out of the oven! Make sure to save that sauce. 


Serve over brown rice and any vegetable of your choice! I chose to use kale, which I massaged with about 2 tsp of tahini, some lettuce, tomatoes and mushrooms.
I drizzled over sweet chilli too (of course).


Some toasted sesame seeds would be perfect for a garnish, as well as a wedge of lime and some coriander.
Enjoy!

Here is a video of me making this recipe!





Comments

Popular Posts