Turmeric coated cauliflower





This recipe is a great way to spice up that plain old cauliflower you have sitting in your fridge. Cauliflower has recently become a staple in my diet, I find that I can become so creative with it because of its plain flavour and sturdy stature. It is usually super cheap and one bulb goes a long way. I created this recipe for people on the go for work/school lunches. It tastes very good the next day but not as crisp as when it comes fresh out of the oven because the batter around the cauliflower does tend to go a bit soggy. In saying this, it still tastes great, surprisingly, and the flavour grows as each day passes. I guess it just depends if you like that texture or not. I like to put these cauli pieces in wraps, burgers, chopped up in salads, sandwiches and of course on their own with a dipping sauce of your choice! enjoy

Recipe-

Ingredients :

Half cauliflower head (if you want to use the whole cauliflower just double my batter recipe)
1 cup almond milk
4 Tbsp plain flour
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp turmeric
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp Chinese spice mix
Salt to season

Method -

Cut leaves and stalk out of cauliflower. Cut into small florets.
 Mix together almond milk and flour, till thick and smooth. Then mix in spices.


Coat each cauli piece and place on baking sheet. 
Place in 200degree oven for 20-30mins or until golden and crisp.




Cauliflower - battered and about to go into the oven 



Here is my video showing you how I made them and a few other recipes!





Comments

Popular Posts