Nourish Bowl




Nourish bowls are my new favourite recipe to throw together leading into summer (I know I say this a lot but I find something delicious and become obsessed with it for a few months then move on again). My body has been craving lots of fresh greens, with herbs, (especially coriander) the zing from sauerkraut and the creaminess from avocado and hummus. I also have been getting into apple cider vinegar again, splashing it over my salads alongside lemon.
In this recipe I am using the Sunfed chicken free chicken, which I have previously talked about in my Crispy chicken free chicken tacos. I love this product so much and still cook with it weekly and felt like it would suit this bowl perfectly. If you can't get this where you live, you can substitute it with any mock meat you like, even tofu or tempeh. It really is super versatile, and you don't have to follow this recipe exactly to produce a yummy nourish bowl (that takes less than 15mins... win!)
I also encourage you to add any nuts and seeds you particularly love or any other veggies, the main goal is just to get an abundance of clean plant food and afterwards you will be left feeling full of energy and satisfied. Enjoy!



Recipe : serves 1

Ingredients :

1 cup baby kale
1 cup Iceberg lettuce
1 tomatoes
1/2 avocado
handful of coriander
1/4 sauerkraut
2 Tbsp hummus
2 Tbsp pickled onions (Lucky taco brand)
1/2 juice of a lemon
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp chilli flakes
100grams Sunfed chicken free chicken (or any form of protein you desire)
3 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 Tbsp garlic power
1/4 cup water


In a non stick pan, over medium/high heat, place the chicken or preferred protein in the pan. Drizzle over the sweet chilli sauce, tamarin and garlic powder, mix together and add the water. Let this cook for about 10mins and use your spatular to break the chicken up.
While the chicken is cooking, assemble the base of your nourish bowl. Place the baby kale and iceberg lettuce in the bowl, with the chopped tomato, and cubed avocado. Roughly chop the coriander and sprinkle on top. Squeeze over the lemon and pour over the apple cider vinegar.
Then when the chicken has cooked through and is slightly crisp, place it on top of your salad. Then add the toppings, the sauerkraut, hummus, pickled onions and chilli flakes, and you are done! So delicious! You have the sweetness from the sweet chilli, the filling protein from the "chicken", the freshness from the kale, coriander and tomato, the zing from the sauerkraut, vinegar and lemon and the creaminess from the avo and hummus! It really is a dream. Hope you enjoy and check out my youtube video showing you how I make it :)





Comments

Popular Posts